Friday 31 October 2014

My Way

If you are supporting someone who suffers from depression, you absolutely have to take care of yourself. Wherever possible - and I know most of the time it's impossible - you must put yourself first. Any chance you get to do something for you, do it. Anything that makes you smile, satisfied or gives you solace.

To that end, I am going to be selfish with today's post.

Every day for the last 31 days I have posted about my Sufferer's depression and our life together. I haven't missed a day. I can hardly believe it. In the face of all of life's myriad challenges, I have achieved what I set out to do.

Beyond that, people have actually been reading what I have written. The cherry on the top is that those who have shared their thoughts with me have told me how they have enjoyed the blog, found it helpful, related to it, learned something.

Undoubtedly, I could have done better. But I did it, nonetheless.

And I won't stop doing it. As and when I have something relevant to share, I'll post it for all to see. Keep popping back.

In the meantime, I leave you with my sentiments on this project :)

 
Follow on Facebook and Twitter @PondersNeverEnd or use #CrazyStupidDepression

PS: Huge thanks to my Sufferer for lettin gme share all of this with the world x

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely keep popping back. Thank you so much for sharing your life. And yes, absolutely, take care of yourself when the opportunity presents itself. Taking care of yourself isn't selfish - it's survival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. And thanks for finding the time to leave your comments too. Take care. Sarah :)

      Delete
  2. I am not one for reading blogs usually but I have read every single word of the 31 posts.
    I am a sufferer, who didn't talk to anyone for a very long time. Reading your thoughts from a supporter point of view makes me wonder if I am a sufferer and supporter.
    Asking for help I find the hardest thing in the world.
    I am lucky that for the past 17 months it has not been all consuming for me.
    Thank you for such an honest account x

    ReplyDelete